Business Advantage (BA) and Jon Peddie Research (JPR) co-created this report on CAD in the Cloud (CiC) using a custom designed survey together with other insights and additional industry data.
CAD/CAM/CAE/PLM/PDM are at the early stages of cloud-based workflows. Software vendors are confident of the benefits of leveraging the cloud and are developing products for their customers. However, there is a mismatch in definitions and expectations between customers and vendors, causing an adoption delay. But we have seen customer attitudes change very quickly from entrenched positions to acceptance.
We would also love to hear any feedback you may have on the survey. We perform it annually so any suggestions, to improve the next version and make it more useful, would be most welcome.
Who Should Read this Report?
- Product, Development and Marketing Managers of CAD/CAM/CAE/PLM/PDM Software Vendors
- Hardware Vendors
- Executives and Decision Makers within Design, Engineering and IT including CAD Managers
- Research Professionals and Analysts
Why Should You Read this Report?
To understand what professional engineers, designers, architects and managers around the world perceive to be important, their actual and future usage plans for CiC, their benefit perceptions and reality, enablers and inhibitors to adoption, evolving management approaches and other insights – all by industry, application vertical and geography.
The report answers many key questions, including:
- Current and Planned Usage of CAD in the Cloud
- Which CiC solution vendors are top of mind?
- Which types of work benefit most from using CAD in the Cloud?
- Adoption - What inhibits CAD in the Cloud adoption?
- CAD in the Cloud Security
- What are the perceived and actual benefits of using CAD in the Cloud?
- Payments - How firms pay today and how they would like to pay in the future for CAD in the Cloud?
- The fallacy of all or nothing in the cloud
- Americas/EMEA/APAC - What are the differences in interest/adoption/concerns by geography?
- Manufacturing - Results of findings of CAD in the Cloud for Manufacturing
- AEC - Results of findings of CAD in the Cloud for AEC
- Which departments and job titles are most likely to use CAD in the Cloud?
- Analysis by Non-Autodesk vs. Autodesk Users
- The Hardware Enablers of CAD in the Cloud: Remote Graphics, Security, Light-Weight Workstations, Democratization, Collaboration, Remote Graphics
Download Report Sample
- Executive Summary
- Table of Contents, Table of Figures
- Sample Charts
- Single User or small firm (up to 10 people), $4,999
- Department or small firm (10 to 100 people), $6,500
- Large firm/site license, $10,000