Advertising Terms and Conditions
1. Business Advantage requires 3 working days to post advertising materials once received, providing materials are created in accordance to the specifications defined. Changes and/or corrections also require 3 business days to implement from the time they are received by Business Advantage.
2. A 15% discount is awarded to accredited advertising agencies for banner advertising campaigns. (Newsletter and other sponsorships are not commissionable.)
3. New advertisers must prepay by cheque or bank transfer prior to their first insertion.
4. No discounts are allowed to advertisers with overdue accounts.
5. A signed insertion order must be returned to Business Advantage before any banner ad or sponsorship will be posted. Other than new advertisers, as in point 3. above, all ad campaigns will be invoiced upon posting, payable net 7 days. Late payments will be considered overdue and be subject to finance charges of 1.5% per month (18% per annum).
6. Business Advantage reserves the right to refuse advertising to advertisers with overdue accounts. Overdue accounts will be charged a 1.5% per month (18% per year) finance charge, and are subject to collection. Advertisements are accepted upon the representation that the advertiser has the right to publish the contents thereof. It is understood that the advertiser will indemnify and hold Business Advantage harmless from or against any loss or expense arising out of publication of such advertisements, including, but not limited to, those resulting from claims of suits of libel, violation of rights of privacy, plagiarism, and copyright infringements.
7. All contents of advertisements are subject to Business Advantage's approval. Business Advantage reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertising for any reason at any time.
8. Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of Business Advantage except where a request for a specific preferred position is acknowledged by Business Advantage in writing.
9. Business Advantage shall not be liable for any cost or damages if for any reason it fails to publish an advertisement.
10. Business Advantage shall have no liability for errors in ad copy set-up by Business Advantage.
11. All insertion orders are accepted subject to the provisions of Business Advantage's media kit.
12. Rates are subject to change without notice. Advertisers are protected against rate changes for the duration of the term of the Insertion Order.
13. Any cancellation of a campaign must be made in writing before the banner is posted.
14. Cancellation of a campaign for any other reason in whole or in part by the advertiser will result in an adjustment of the rate (short-rate) based on past and subsequent insertions to reflect actual campaign run at the earned frequency rate. Cancellations require 3 business days to implement from the time they are received by Business Advantage.
15. Business Advantage shall have the right to hold an advertiser and/or its agency jointly and severally liable for such monies as are due and payable to Business Advantage for advertising that the advertiser or agency ordered and that was published.
16. Business Advantage's liability is limited only to direct cost of the advertisement and not for indirect or subsequent damages due to loss of business or profit.
17. Business Advantage accepts no responsibility for loss of traffic to website. Forward looking statements pertaining to site traffic are best faith estimates based upon past performance.
18. Terms and Conditions are subject to change by Business Advantage without notice.